Monday, October 31, 2011

Battlefield 3 Review

***This review is for the Playstation 3 version of the game***

I going on record now saying that this was my first DICE game.

I am a huge shooter fan. When Battlefield 3 was announced with a trailer showing off the new engine I was impressed, mildly. For one thing its all well and good to tout new tech. In fact I will state that the COD engine is looking mighty dated these days.

After traveling into GameStop to pick up my copy, drove home and unwrapped its soft film. Popped that sucker in. Boom! Electronic techno war music. Wheeew i'm pumped, lets go!

The single player of this game seemed mediocre at best. Definitely an almost exact clone of Black Ops in every aspect. I found myself raising an eyebrow almost every cutscene regarding why this was indeed so parallel to Treyarch's game.

DICE did take some interesting turns in B3. The short instance where you were riding saddle in an F-18 was pretty cool. I got a sense of vertigo and other stresses while playing that I have not had in a long time.  However it quickly imitated Modern Warfare within 5 minutes.. a shame.

Multiplayer was indeed a lot different than most shooters. I had a feeling of brotherhood among other players. Giving and receiving commands. Bunkering down and holding a destination from oncoming fire. While only level 5 or so I know I am missing out a lot on features such as vehicles etc.

I look forward to giving more play to the game however Uncharted 3 and COD8 are right around the corner. :(

-Jony
www.myronin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment